Published Permissions

Monday 1 February 2021

Sett For Anything.......

 


Hi there!

This is the second painting that I've done in 2021 (the first one being my cat Charlie that I posted here on my blog on 25th January this year).


This one I've called "Sett For Anything".

Now I must confess, I love painting nature and particularly animal portraits but this one I found particularly difficult - and I don't really know why!!!!

This was actually my third attempt at this badger - I just wasn't satisfied with previous efforts, all were good, but not good enough for me!!! Colours needed to be spot on too - I wasn't going to paint just a black and white badger now was I!!!!

So here it is - finished when I was happiest with it!  Painted with my trusty Daniel Smith watercolours, watercolour markers and pastel pencils with a touch of posca pens.

Hope you like it now that I eventually do!!!


Thanks for stopping by,

Leanne xxx




3 comments:

  1. He looks fabulous Leanne, sadly we see all too many of them by the roadside which is such a shame as they are beautiful creatures.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Leanne, a great image and beautifully painted.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece of work Leanne, you have captured it beautifully. We often see badgers here and even had them coming into the garden but as they are a bit destructive we had to put extra fencing in. Hope you are keeping well x Susan x

    ReplyDelete