Published Permissions

Monday 24 April 2017

Dance like no one's watching.............


Good morning!

Well, this one is a bit different for me in both it's colour scheme and the mediums used!

I had fun with this one as I made it for the Cards in Envy current challenge of "Pretty Pastels".  Not always an easy challenge but it's great when you get it right!!!

OK, I took one photo along the way (sorry, I get so engrossed with what I'm doing I usually forget to take the photo's and indeed, lose the phone under all the chaos on the table!!!!).


So, this piece of artwork started out as a piece of Sheena Stamping card and a piece of lace.  I then pushed some Pan Pastels through the lace to try and pick up the pattern.  Not an easy technique and not a very clean one either!!!  Didn't know if this was going to work but hey presto - I got a pretty cool result!  I knew that it would be a really soft effect with the Pan Pastels but I was convinced that the pretty pastel colours and the actual pastels themselves would work ok. I had to seal this at that point with some Pebeo Fixatif spray and allowed to quickly dry.


Right, so having got the background where I wanted it I brought in this brilliant stamp by De Stempelwinkel.  I have used perfect medium to stamp the image out with and then using an extremely light brush, dusted some of the Pan Pastels over the stamped image to make the pastels stick to it varying the colours as I went.  

The rest of the stamps used are from the Born To Perform stamp set by Visible Image and I have done exactly the same, stamped with perfect medium and dusted with the Pan Pastels.  I then sprayed the Pebeo Fixitif spray to seal the whole piece.

Mat and layered in two matching pastel colours.

That's pretty and it's in pastels - both in colour and medium!!!

I would like to enter this in to the following challenges:-

Cards in Envy - Pretty Pastels:-

Craft Stamper - Anything Goes:-

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today and I've inspired you to have a experiment with Pan Pastels.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx








5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty and delicate but I bet you were itching to get your inks out! ;). It's quite different from your usual style but every bit as good. Crafty hugs, Sandra x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and I love the background technique and colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Leanne, it's gorgeous pastel colours.xxThanks for taking time to comment while I was away on my scheduled posts. Greatly appreciated.
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design. Love the pastel colours. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is stunning in pastels - what a gorgeous background! I love the way you used different colors for the image too. Thanks for playing along with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete