Published Permissions

Wednesday 10 October 2018

Autumn colours..........


Hi there folks!

Well my DT work has calmed down for a moment so this week I have been having fun in my craft room playing with some of my stash that so rarely comes out of the cupboards!

Both of these pieces are of course full of vibrancy as they have been created with alcohol inks.  So many of us shy away from alcohol ink due to it's unpredictability but it's actually very forgiving if you work with what you've got!

I have used my favourite Autumn colours on both of these pieces, oranges, browns, terra cotta, greens and purples.

On the first one (I have called this The Woodland Woman) I have used one of my all time favourite stamps - the face from Stampers Anonymous Classic Favourites along with the oak branches and leaves from PaperArtsy and Visible Image tree branches and sentiment from their Four Every Season set.  The face has been stamped with Staz On over the alcohol ink and some ink lifted off and the leaves and oak branches have been stamped with Alcohol Lift Off ink.  The way that the ink actually spread on the right hand side left the image of a tree in my mind so I added the Visible Image tree branches by lifting off the ink on that part - see, you have to work with what you have with alcohol ink!

The second creation is me playing with Visible Image once again - the Face It set and adding those same tree branches as on the first card too.  I embossed the face with clear embossing powder as I've used heavy weight yupo paper and was then able to have the resist of the embossing for the alcohol ink to run around.

Hope you like them, fabulous to get my alcohol inks out!

Thanks for stopping by,

Leanne xx

I'd like to enter my Woodland Woman in to the current Allsorts Challenge of "Trees and or Leaves":-




4 comments:

  1. Very Arty Leanne, 2 stunning pieces to treasure.
    Thank you for sharing at allsorts Leaves/Trees challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless to say I lovely the vibrancy in both of your pieces today Leanne, colour is so rewarding to work with I always think and the unpredictability of the base piece all adds to the fun. Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colours. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week with this lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards and colours, Leanne!
    Happy Weekend,
    x Daniela

    ReplyDelete