Published Permissions

Friday 9 December 2016

Our Friendship is Special...........


Good morning!

An extra post this week (lots of crafty pieces about here at the moment due to Christmas!).  I only have this one photo of the finished ornament so I'll talk you through it as best I can and show you the original stamp that I have used to get there.

This lovely ornament started life as an mdf heart - it's quite large measuring about 5 inches in length. I coated both sides in gesso and when dry I started work on the front.  I have stamped my main image (Impression Obsession) of the dear little robin - well, I guess he/she could be any bird really, it's just that I have turned him in to a robin!!!

I popped a small amount of modelling paste over the chest area and the tail to give it a bit of texture and relief.

Then I coloured the image in using Spectrum Illustrator markers and with their alcohol base, they blend beautifully if you use the blender pen to help you.

Then added some more of the modelling paste to form some snow at his feet and to balance the whole picture.  I sponged some archival ink around the edges and darkened one side with a charcoal pencil (a bit of a trademark of mine!) and highlighted the legs and feet with a white pen.  The sentiment was stamped in Staz on and again highlighted with white pen.  The Staz on bled a little bit (I was suspicious that this would happen but it looked great and gave it a lovely shadow so it stayed!).

Finally I coated the whole thing with spray and shine and left to completely dry then added a lovely ribbon and some twine to hang it.

I have actually made three of these for three very special ladies this Christmas and on the back I transferred the Fashionable Stamping Challenges logo for them as we are all Fashion Stampettes from the Fashionable Stamping Challenges design team. - I thought they came out really well - something to keep and remind them of me!

It really is super shiny but I just couldn't get this to pick up on the camera (sorry)!!!


Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by,

I would like to enter this in to the Sweet Stampin challenge of "Let it Snow":-

My Time To Craft "Christmas Animals":-
Leanne xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Leanne and I will treasure mine always, thank you. It was really interesting to read how you made it, especially the bit about using modelling paste on the Robin's chest and how you got that incredible shine on the whole ornament. I'll definitely be using those tips in the future. I feel very lucky to have received one of these stunning ornaments and it will take pride of place each and every Christmas from now on. Have a lovely weekend Leanne and thank you once again for your kindness. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome lovely lady - have yourself a lovely weekend too Sandra,
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this is just gorgeous! LOVE it!!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto with what Sandra said Leanne it is a fabulous keepsake.

    Every Christmas it will take pride of place in my home and remind me of your kindness in sending to me. The pictures don't do it justice you have to see it in real life to appreciate the beauty.

    Love the stamp, what have you done, I have to have it!!!! x x

    Something is winging it's way to you and I hope you love it as much as I love yours x x

    Huge thanks sweets.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, oh, Wow, stunning project. Well done. Good Luck. Thanks for playing along with us at MTTC. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete