Published Permissions

Saturday 8 July 2017

Dance............Like no one's watching...............


Good morning!

Well, I'm still on my holly bobs but I've made this card in advance so that I can share it with my Visible Image Facebook friends while I'm away.

I decided to focus on the Born To Perform stamp set this time.

I firstly got the image of the face down using the Face Shape stencil and mask set.  I went around the outside of the face and then worked on the shading of the inside of the face.

Then the first major move was to stamp the beautiful ballerina.  I have stamped this piece using Spectrum aqua markers throughout.  I then masked her with a mask it sheet and stamped the face (Face It! set) - this time keeping those eyes closed (like no one's watching).

I have used feathers (large and small) from the Free Your Imagination Set again using aqua markers to stamp those images.  I love to see feathers with ballerinas, I think the two go together, perhaps because they are light, perhaps because they are dreamy?  So feathers it was to enclose that face and give balance.

I added some frantage to the feathers and some very pale pink embossing powder too.  I have also painted in her costume with a clear overlay pen -you can see this all glistening here:


Hard to pick up on a photo but it's shining!

I finished by just defining her front leg a little with a fine tip pen and the curve of her back.

Mat and layered in black and white and on the white layer I have stamped "Dance" and blended some distress ink on that mat to match the general colour scheme.


I enjoyed this one, - well, I always do enjoy playing with Visible Image stamps!

Hope you've enjoyed your visit today,
Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xxx


I shall share this with the Visible Image family on Facebook.

I shall enter this in to the following challenges:-

That's Crafty "Anything Goes":-













4 comments:

  1. Another thought provoking creation Leanne and the quote part of my all time fav PB sentiment (won't take you long with PB to get to see that).

    Hope the weather is still behaving for you and thanks for the postcard.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful car Leanne, the central image I always find so elegant. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the That's Crafty *Anything Goes* Blog Challenge..
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You clever lady:) I love this imaginative piece and the Autumnal palette that you've used. The shading that you've added around the face really gives it dimension. I agree with Brenda about the sentiment too, it's fabulous. Enjoy your weekend. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, what a great idea and looks so beautiful. Fantastic!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete