Published Permissions

Sunday 11 December 2016

Happy Christmas........


Good morning!

It's a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges today with the theme "Anything Goes" - (well, I had to do Christmas then didn't I?!!!!). Come and join us, with such an "open" theme it's easy to have lots of fun and show us what you can create!

http://www.fashionablestampingchallenges.com/2016/12/11/challenge-118-anything-goes/

OK, lets take our journey shall we.....


Isn't this a stunner of a stamp? It's the Impression Obsession J7042 Santa Horses stamp.

I started with my usual plain white Sheena stamping card and stamped the horses in Archival watering can.  I coloured their hats in with Spectrum Noir colouring pencils (you will see this on the next photo).  I then pressed some perfect medium through a stars stencil and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I then blended the background with distress ink (weathered wood) to show the white stars more clearly.

I cut two black mats and a silver one and passed the black mats through my Platinum machine with an embossing folder that looked like snow falling by Leonie Pujol. (I had to pass them through twice as my card was wider than the 5 x 7 embossing folder so I hotched the folder over a bit and ran it through again!).

I then stroked the embossed card with a tiny bit of Pebeo silver gilding wax to highlight the snow falling - it looks so metallic!

The sentiment was stamped "Happy Christmas" (Bee Crafty) and edged with the weathered wood distress ink and matted on to black card stock.


Here I was playing with the idea of a nice red ribbon? - Yes, I think that works well!!!


There, who said that you can't do monochrome for Christmas?!!!!

Matted and layered up and red felt ribbon and bow to finish with some die cut ivy leaves (Sue Wilson - Creative Expressions) which I also finished with a touch of silver gilding wax.

I thought this was really classy! I shall choose someone special to receive this one I think!

Do come along and join us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges with our new theme of 
"Anything Goes".

May I wish all at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, the Design Team and all you out there who enter and make the challenges such fun for us all a very Merry Christmas!

I would like to enter this in to The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog challenge "Christmas":-

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne x







7 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your seasonal horses Leanne, the pops of red from their hats really bring the monochrome image to life. And dare not let Anysia see otherwise before I turn around our boys will be looking over their stable doors sporting Santa hats.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Leanne, making a monochromatic card with one other colour makes everything pop off the page.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, such a beautiful card Leanne! The image is lovely, so detailed and I really like how you've just added the touch of red on their hats. The silver, black and grey colours just all work so beautifully together and the holly and red ribbon just finish your card off perfectly, I love it! Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the card is wonderful. Sweet image and super design in monochrome with a little bit red.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous image with the 2 horses! The subtle colouring gives them a beautiful gentle nature. The pop of red is a great christmassy touch! I think the special person who gets this card will love it to bits.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card, love the image of the horses with their Santa hats adding a pop of colour. The red ribbon really adds a festive touch.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stunning! I love the embossing, the stamp is really gorgeous! Cute Santa hats
    : )

    ReplyDelete