Sunday, 26 June 2016
Well, this one was a little different for me. This was a project that I did for The Ken Oliver blog (Kensworldinprogress) for the "May Flowers" challenge. You had to use the Ken Oliver Color Burst range. I must admit I did find it fun playing and seeing what I could achieve with these products.
First of all I started to draw the bleeding heart flowers with a very light pencil and then I masked over them with drawing gum. I then went to town on laying down some colour for the background by simply mixing the color burst with water and painting as with a water colour paint. I splashed all over the masking fluid (as you can when you mask off your original drawing/rubber stamp design etc) and then rubbed away the masking fluid to reveal nice clean white flowers. I then mixed some of the color burst to make the vibrant pinks and painted the flowers in. With a few sprinkles of color burst around the design and some spritzing and a "beautiful" sentiment I was done! An example of what can be achieved using Ken Oliver Color Burst range.
I backed with lilac felt this time to show off the colours.
This was entered in to the Ken Oliver (Kensworldinprogress) May challenge and although I didn't win, my entry did feature on his blog for Monday June 6th 2016 when they showed just a few of the entries so I was absolutely chuffed (considering who's blog it is and that its an American blog!!).
Pretty and quite jolly I thought.
Thanks for stopping by,