Published Permissions

Tuesday 18 June 2019

Mid month reminder for Penny Black and More Challenges for "Butterflies, Blooms and/or Bugs.....


Hi there!

Here I am with your mid month reminder for Penny Black and More Challenges for this months challenge theme of 
Butterflies, Blooms and/or Bugs.

Here I have used a technique that I actually rarely do!  I have wet my watercolour paper and scrunched it up very well in my hands and laid it back out to dry.  Once totally dry I've dragged my ink pads across it to pick up all those creases that are now in the card (they appear here as grey).  Be prepared that you may have to iron your card to make it flat and workable again!

Penny Black stamps used here are 40-099 Soft Wings, 30-095 Flower Festival, the sentiment die is 51-122 Stylish Gratitude, 30-415 Garden Charmers and the stencil 25-019 Leaf Frolic.

Coloured with Harmony inkpads, white pen highlights and glossy accents on flowers.

Please do come and join in this month:-

PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAND STAMP YOUR MAIN FOCUS ON YOUR CREATION - THIS IS A HAND STAMPING CHALLENGE.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xxxx




5 comments:

  1. I've not done that technique for ages either Leanne, but when Pete did it a few weeks back I promised to do a few background ready but as yet not got that far. Makes a really super backdrop for your stamping.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card Leanne and I love the colours that you've used. I used this technique on my last lot of CI samples but haven't done it in ages before that. It's funny how we sometimes forget some of the techniques that we may have used in the beginning of our card making journey but it's great to revisit them again. Your background looks fabulous, as does your whole card. Crafty hugs, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the effect you've achieved, such a bright colourful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is stunning and so are your images, super creation.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolutely gorgeous card and a technique that I must try . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete