Published Permissions

Sunday 2 December 2018

New theme at Penny Black and More Challenges "Traditional Christmas Colours".


Good morning!

It's a new month and a new theme over at Penny Black and More Challenges and this month we're looking for "Traditional Christmas Colours".

My inspiration for you this time is a card I've made using the fabulous 40-576 Bell and Berries stamp along with the sentiment which is 3024F Xmas Spirit.

I have coloured this using Spectrum Noir aqua pens and blended that background by using the pens diluted with a touch of glycerin.

A few splatters of white gesso and some Cosmic Shimmer Berry Sparkle and I was done!

Do come over and join us this month at :-


PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS IS A STAMPING CHALLENGE AND THEREFORE DIGITAL IMAGES ARE NOT ALLOWED AND WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR PRIZES.


I've just popped this one on here too (this one is not in traditional colours and so, is not included in my samples on Penny Black and More) to show you another card that I made (I have actually made three of these as I love things that are that little bit different!) using exactly the same stamps but this time I muted the colours right down with black, slate and tan to show you how versatile the stamp is and can be pretty much painted in in any colour! I have finished this one with a spray of spray and sparkle so that the whole of the page shines with glitter (unfortunately, this never shows up on a photo!).

Hope you will come over and join us this month and good luck!

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xxxx



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Leanne, my fave is the second one with muted colours, love the stamp;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving both versions of this card, Leanne. Such a gorgeous stamp and your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are both beautiful, leanne! i love the vivid colours of the first one but the muted of the second - equally striking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Leanne and isn't it interesting how completely different they both look done in different colours. I guess this shows just how versatile stamps can be. The first one reminds me of the traditional cards that we used to receive when I was a child. Great work and attention to detail as always x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great versions - I love the brighter colours on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to visit when I saw your card on the Penny Black challenge! Wow, gorgeous coloring. I just got this stamp and hope to do as well. I absolutely love the blackened version of this too! What a powerful effect!

    ReplyDelete