Published Permissions

Wednesday 15 November 2017

A real treat today, my favourite Call of the Wild sample! .......


Good morning!

Well I'm going to say it before you do - "look at this beauty"!!!!  Can you tell that I was impressed with myself with this one?!!!!

I thought that this deserved recognition on it's own today.

Having received an awful lot of attention on social media and on the television I'm introducing you to the "not so normal" golden eagle stamp in the new Sheena Douglass Call of the Wild collection!!

I have stamped this one directly using sparkle pens for the intense colour (I didn't want to lose any of the colour and it just wouldn't have been intense enough if I'd used my aqua markers).  Then I have blended out the colours with my paintbrush, blowing the final paint around the image with a straw.

Obviously this seems a simple technique but great care must be used when choosing your colours or you will end up with "mud' or no depth so easily achievable if you do some thinking before you get going!!!

I do hope that you like this image as much as I do, I think it brought a breath of fresh air to an image that was shouting for the usual browns and whites of the "normal" golden eagle.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Leanne xxx

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Leanne and I love how you’ve used such bold and vibrant colours with this gorgeous stamps. It was a wonderful collection and I can see why you love this one so much, he’s a real beauty. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leanne, great work and wonderful coloration!
    x Daniela

    ReplyDelete