Published Permissions

Friday 24 February 2017

All good things are wild and free...........


Good morning!!!

It's been a long time since I did a farm scene on a card so here is my attempt for the Stamping Sensations challenge of "Animal Magic".

Lets take our journey and see how I built this one up and got to my final design:-


Gosh, it even shocks me sometimes how little there is on the page when you first get going!!!
So, I started by stamping my cow and the lamb and then masking them off with drawing gum. All of the animal and farmyard stamps that you will see today are by Joy! Crafts.


There, that's looking a bit more like it!  OK, the barn has been stamped right on top of the masked off cow.  The sheep has been stamped right on top of the masked off lamb.  This will enable it to look like the cow is standing in front of the barn and the lamb in front of the sheep, the lamb has very nearly disappeared altogether at the moment!  I have added a couple of milk churns, the chickens and have masked off the barn and stamped the trees behind (Inkylicious) and have built up the field scene with the use of the Joy! Crafts hay bales and a separate fence stamp.  A couple more trees have been added on that horizon line too. It's all coming together!


Doesn't it make a difference once you start adding colour?  OK, the masking fluid is still in place at this stage so that I could "swipe" Aquatints across to make the farmyard brown.  I wanted more than just a flat colour here so I also used some distress ink on an ink duster, sprayed the ink duster with water and took the brush across the page to leave me some darker patches.  The sky has been coloured using just some old blue ink that was already on my smoothie and a sky stencil that you keep moving to form the clouds and I've used momento ink and a smoothie to colour in the field.


All masking fluid has now been rubbed off and there is the little lamb!!! Everyone is looking very white so out came my polychromo pencils.


That's better!  I added some patches to make my cow more realistic (I'm not good on my cow breeds I'm afraid), gave the sheep some colour and the chickens and added some depth to the milk churns.  Completed the barn and added some birds (Inkylicious).  

There, animal magic! and as the sentiment says "all good things are wild and free"

Hope you've enjoyed our journey today and how I built up this scene from a blank page.
Here you can see the stamps that I've used.


I would like to enter this in to the Stamping Sensations challenge - "Animal Magic":-

Thanks for stopping by today,
Leanne x
 


                                               








4 comments:

  1. It's a super farmyard scene Leanne and perfect for our theme his month, thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome landscape.
    Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a wonderful scene, Leanne! Great colouring! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a superb scene, the animals look just perfect in their little farmyard. The clouds look great and I really like your use of the trees on the horizon as they add lots of interest to the background. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete