Published Permissions

Monday 1 August 2016

Be your own kind of Beautiful!


Morning! Well I don't mind telling you a little secret.......(this was a bit of a challenge for me!!!! - out of comfort zone here!!!).

As you'll have noticed from my blog, I'm quite a serious crafter, serious subjects and serious colours but monster and or aliens set me a challenge from Moving Along With The Times - I quite enjoyed it actually once I got it straight in my head where I was going with it!


Started with my usual blank white piece of card stock and laid down some distress inks.  Knew that I wanted my aliens to hold the sentiment so inked up a tag in the same colours and stamped the sentiment "Be your own kind of Beautiful!"


Then got out some stencils and using the same colours that I used for the base I inked through those. Used some white acrylic paint to go through a further stencil and an old lid to make some circles. Stamped my alien and monster and the eyes (Dylusions stamps) and gave the eyes a cord to dangle on with a fine liner.  Coloured in with alcohol pens. Note the hand of the monster and tongue of the alien are on here but not stuck down yet (I needed to stamp the hand and tongue twice and colour in twice as I wanted the hand and tongue to be glued on top of the tag).


There, matted the tag on black card to make it pop from the page and stuck the monsters hand and aliens tongue over the top of the tag.

The idea behind this card was to do a card and keep the colours so that it would be suitable for both a child or an adult alike.

Out of my comfort zone here but thoroughly enjoyed the challenge!

I would like to enter this card in to the Moving Along With The Times "Monsters and/or Aliens" challenge.

Thanks for stopping by,

Leanne xx


1 comment:

  1. You have made a very good job of it, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

    ReplyDelete