Published Permissions

Monday 4 July 2016

Phantom of the Opera Theme........In Dreams He Came........

Morning!!!  This is a card that I made for my daughters birthday.  Last year she won a major school singing competition (music theatre) having sang the theme from Phantom of the Opera - a superb evening and so I set to on a birthday with this theme!

Now, thinking back I knew that it had to be dark and very classical so the background is a Stampendous stamp of a cobwebbed candelabra embossed in gold. I coloured the candles with a white gel pen. Layered on top of that is a further black mat mounted on gold mirri card which is again gold embossed with musical notes this time (this was a very old wooden mounted stamp that I had tucked away).

I tore a piece of plain copier paper with a computer generated "In Dreams He Came" on it then (swiped some gold ink across it). The reason for having In Dreams He Came on it was because her Godmother had made her a birthday cake with the opening line of "In sleep he sang to me" so I continued with the second line on my card! - are you all singing along?!!!



Right, where was I , oh yes, the card!!!!!

A stamped rose in red and green card was added and then if you look closely a bowed acetate layer was applied domed right over the top - you can just see it if you look carefully at the top.

I added a daughter stamped sentiment embossed in gold and then finished the whole thing off with phantoms' mask stuck to the acetate on the top so that it looked like it was floating there.

Hayley was thrilled with both her card and her cake (equally impressive) as was we with her singing performance along with her singing partner Richard.


A bit of a private peek but it helps explain the reason for the making of the card. It was quite a challenge but I think I got there as well as I was ever going to!

Thanks for stopping by,

Leanne xx




No comments:

Post a Comment