Published Permissions

Monday 14 August 2017

Remember the past, Live for today, Dream of tomorrow........


Hi there, well, this one's a bit striking don't you think?!!!!!  I love it!!!!!

OK, where on earth did I start with this one, oh yes, with an old dictionary page, a very old dictionary page - rather tatty and fusty!!!!

The first thing that I did was to blend some Spectrum Noir sparkle pens down the page (I've used the vintage hues set here) so I went from a rustic red, through an olive green down to a biscuit colour and dried it with a heat tool.

I then stamped Buddha in black versafine and clear embossed over the top.

Having stamped the image again on a masking sheet and cut around it, I covered Buddha with the masking piece.

I then stamped lots of falling leaves around the head and stamped the sentiment at the bottom in versafine ink.  A stencil has been used with some gesso for the white leaves that you see behind Buddha.

Removed the masking sheet from the face and darkened the edges with fired brick distress oxide ink. The edges of the page were already torn and tatty so I wasn't worried about making this worse when I darkened the edges with my blending tool - it just added to the effect!!!

Attached to a black mat.

I thought that the image popped rather well and although I wanted to "lose" a lot of the dictionary page around the main image, it has remained well on the face.

Hope you like this one, a bit different!
Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx

1 comment:

  1. A stunning image Leanne, and the colours you chose work well.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete