Published Permissions

Monday 23 January 2017

Five Christmas Cards for January!!!!!!!


Good morning!

Look at me!!! I'm off to a wonderful start with my new years resolution of 5 Christmas cards a month for 2017!!!!

As promised, I will share on one blog each month my 5 Christmas cards for each month and here we are with January's makes.

I haven't got a step by step on these but I have taken individual photo's of each one for you so that you get a closer look at each of them.

Each card being slightly different I shall try to explain the basics to these.  

I have really enjoyed playing with lace through 2016 so I thought it would be super to start my Christmas card adventure using some lace - not very Christmassy? - that depends on how you use it! I believe that most things can become Christmassy if you put your mind to it!

These cards started with a piece of lace being placed over my Sheena Stamping card and sponging through some distress ink.  I didn't stick the lace down, if you are careful you can just hold it and dab gently for a lovely loose effect.  I then used a Woodware poinsettia stamp, some of these are stamped with Archival watering can and others have been embossed with clear embossing powder over it (where I was going to use water colour within the image). I have added some foliage from Clarity Stamp too.

The sentiment is from Clarity Stamp.

OK, let me see if I can tell you one by one how I've coloured the Poinsettias:-


Water coloured with Inktense pencils and die cut into and layered on a fibre mat. Finished with sparkle pens.


Intense pencils here but using them as colouring pencils without water this time and matted on to plain card stock, finished with sparkle pens.


Inktense water colour pencils here and die cut into with bright red mat.  Finished with sparkle pens.


Inktense water colour pencils, bright red mat, no die cutting this time and finished with sparkle pens.


Oh yes, my favourite! Good old Polychromo pencils, look at the intensity of colour that builds up here.  Matted on to a fibre mat and finished with sparkle pens.


I know that the sparkle pens can't be seen on the photo's but look - a super close up shot - it's there..... honest!!!!!


So, there you go, month 1 - mission complete!

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx















1 comment:

  1. Well done you for making such a great start with your Christmas cards. I love the effect of the lace in the background, it looks fabulous. I need to get back into things soon or I'll have forgotten what my inks are for! Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete