Published Permissions

Sunday 8 January 2017

A Christmas Thank you.......


Good morning!!

Well, it's a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges today and our new theme is 
"Winter or Spring". Please remember that the main focal point of your artwork MUST BE A STAMPED IMAGE AND NOT A DIGITAL ONE.

I'm sending out my Christmas thank you's at the moment so I'm sharing this one with you today.  I took some photo's along the way so shall we take our usual journey?


Let me introduce you to "Angel" - another outstanding rubber stamp by Pollyanna Pickering. Here I have started with my usual piece of Sheena stamping card and stamped the image with Archival ink and masked over with masking fluid.


Ok, I have soaked the paper with water and added some black india drawing ink to form the sky and added some hills in the background. I then rubbed away the masking fluid.


Here I have stamped some tree tops (Inkylicious) in black and then restamped over the top with some white embossing powder.  I have painted in angel using Spectrum Aqua markers diluted as paints and I have added some white modelling paste to the branches.


What a beauty! I added some Diamond Ice crystals with some glue to all the branches for snow and printed my sentiment on to vellum.

Mat and layered.

Really pleased with this one, perfect for a wintry thank you.

Don't forget to have a go at our new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges "Winter or Spring" REMEMBER we must see the focal point of your project as rubber stamping - we love to see how creative you all are!

I would like to enter this in to the following challenges:-

Moving Along With The Times Challenge - "Something in the air":-
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/36-something-in-air.html

Artistic Stamper - Anything goes
http://theartisticstampercreativeteam.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/january-2017-creative-team-challenge.html

Cards in Envy - Snow birds
http://cardsinenvy.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/snow-birds-card-challenge.html

Country View Challenges - Anything goes
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/january-2017-anything-goes.html

That's Crafty - Anything Goes:-
http://thatscraftychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/anything-goes-2016-challenge.html

Craft Stamper - Anything Goes:-
http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/take-it-make-it-challenge-january.html


Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx

21 comments:

  1. Another stunning card Leanne and I can definitely feel the chill here. The Owl stamp is a real beauty and I love the way that it's warm, rich colours stand out so beautifully against the grey and snowy background, the branches and sky look great too. I think I may need to come to you for some advice on how to use masking fluid as I can't seem to use it without it buckling my card. I think I may just be using too much. I won't give up with it just yet as I've seen you use it many times with great success. It's a superb card, well done! Enjoy your day. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne. I looove how you have achieved such a great 3D effect using the coloured owl over the grey tones in the background...and then the snow on the branches. It is superb colouring in of the owl!!!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a glorious Owl set against the wintery sky and then those frosty branches in the foreground Leanne.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a glorious Owl set against the wintery sky and then those frosty branches in the foreground Leanne.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diamond ice crystals are perfect for adding dimension and making everything sparkle like pieces of transparent glass. Mr Owl looks as pleased as punch with your results Leanne and so he should because it is gorgeous.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. gorgeous artwork here on your blog.

    Have a nice Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colouring of the owl against your inky background. Love the extra dimension of the frosty branches.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card! I love those wintery branches and the wise old owl is magnificent
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jannet, much appreciated. xxx

      Delete
  9. Hi Leanne, your card is beautiful. Fabulous colouring of the owl and the frosty branches are super... WOW!
    Have a nive new week.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully designed card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful work of art, Leanne; and I learned from reading about your process! Thanks for sharing your lovely owl with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! Such a beautiful owl! And a fabulous snowy scene! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW how clever are you. This is fabulous. Thanks for all the details of how you built up the scene. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful wintery scene, Leanne! Your "Angel" is fabulous and I love the snowy twigs and branches.
    Thank you for joining in our challengen at Country View Challenges this month!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW love it so striking looks life like at a distance

    ReplyDelete
  17. My goodness, how I love her! What a tremendous card this is! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! This is stunning. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Leanne this is beautiful, this owl is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Crafts and have a great week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a gorgeous stamp thanks for joining in with us at the Craft Stamper, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete