Published Permissions

Monday 28 November 2016

Art Depends Not On Who Creates It......







Good morning!

Well, I think I've gone a bit mixed media for me but I've had a fantastic time!!!!

I've taken photo's along the way so let's take our usual journey shall we?

This card started life as a piece of greyboard and I applied 2 coats of gesso to it.

I cut some die cuts (Sue Wilson trailing ivy, JustRite floral dies, Couture Creations scrolled tomentosa) and stuck those down always remembering to leave some nice blank space in the middle for stamping on to.  I applied some Pebeo sand texture paste and some pebeo normal texture paste, left it all to dry and painted a further layer of gesso over the top so that my paints had a good surface to sit on.


All looks a bit "white" but that will change!! (Infact, I quite like the white look - ummmm, food for thought, watch this space!!!!!).

Aquatints were used to colour. - I just looooove aquatints!!!!


Pebeo gilding wax was then rubbed on to highlight - perfect!


Now we're getting there!!!!



My sentiment was stamped and the eye (both Carabelle Studio).  I worked further on the eye to enhance it with white pen and glossy accents.  Although stars appear on the eye stamp, I added more!


Mat and layered up in matching card stock - voila! 

Quite a modern and up to date card, this would even keep the younger girls interested- my daughter liked it!

Hope you like what you've seen,

I would like to enter this in to the current Country View Challenge of "Stars":-

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx


4 comments:

  1. Not surprised your daughter liked it Leanne it is a very arty and moody looking make.

    Love all the layers in fact I love the piece altogether.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like a bit of mixed media and this is a fabulous piece Leanne. The flowers and colours look great and I love the stamp and sentiment too. The gold gilding wax adds the perfect finishing touch. Here's to another week of happy crafting. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this is lovely Leanne! Fab use of the die cuts, and that quote is perfect. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this card is fabulous, Leanne! I can understand your daughter, I really like it too (so not only the younger ones ;-)!
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete