Published Permissions

Friday 14 October 2016

Happy Birthday Daughter.........


Good morning!

This card is what it says - Happy Birthday Daughter.  I made this card for my daughter Hayley, she was 18 on 28th September, the week she left for Durham University! I hadn't had a "slot" yet for it on the blog and saw the current Chocolate Baroque challenge and colour swatch and it matched perfectly!

I took some photo's along the way so come with me, we'll take a journey......


I started with my usual blank piece of white card stock, stamped my image (Chocolate Baroque) and then covered that with masking fluid. I went for the shaving foam technique for the background which again, tied in beautifully with the current Chocolate baroque challenge inspirational photo (the ocean) and goes so well with the colour swatch.  When the background was dry I rubbed away the masking fluid.


My next task was to colour in the image and then work on my background papers.


As you can see, I inked my own background card with Adirondack stream colour, two layers of stream and a white in between.


I added glitter to the tail and wings, die cut some number 18's and covered those in glitter too (Hayley likes "shiny"!), inked through a couple of stencils (I particularly liked the idea of enhancing that beautiful tail with the extra stencilling around it).  I stamped "Congratulations" and "Happy Birthday Daughter" and finished with a bow of two tones of ribbon and assembled on the mats and layers.

I'll let you into a secret, Hayley actually set me the challenge of this, her birthday card.  She actually asked for these colours, glitter and a ribbon! She did seem pleased when she received it!

This card fits in perfectly with the current Chocolate Baroque challenge 27, the inspirational photo and colour swatch so I would like to enter this card in to it.

and into Cards 4 Galz - use at least one die cut.

Hope you like what you see, I was pleased with it, nice and fresh colours,

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx




5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card, and in some of my favourite colours. I love your shaving foam and stencilled background. Thank you for joining us at Cards 4 Galz. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Leanne.
    Your card is very pretty and the shaving cream background technique works beautifully with the peacock image. This is a method I have never tried. Must have a go.
    Best wishes
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card. Superb stamping and I love your background. I bet your Daughter was thriller to recieve this. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leanne, a super Birthday card for your Daughter. How great that she set you the challenge for the card. Thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card for your daughter. Love the colouring and background. Good luck with the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, Anne x.

    ReplyDelete