Tuesday, 31 October 2017
My inspiration for the Halloween Sheena's Inkettes challenge.....
Morning folks! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!
I'm sharing with you today, my inspirational piece that I made to support Nicole Bretherick for her Inkette challenge this month of "Halloween".
This one probably looks more complicated that it actually is, it took a while due to waiting for bits to dry but it's quite simple when you break it down!
The first thing that I did was to stamp the central skulls from Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy What Lies Beneath stamp set - cool isn't it! I then masked it off with masking fluid.
The next step was to pop some gesso on to my glass mat, and pop that top left hand corner down in to it (making sure that I didn't go over board because I knew that I was going to turn it in to a spooky moon). I allowed the gesso to dry and then placed a round stencil over the gesso area and blacked it in to form my round moon shape - am I making sense??!!!. I then placed a paper mask over the moon to cover than while I worked elsewhere.
The skull on the right was then stamped (he's from the What Lies Beneath set too) and I masked him off with masking fluid as well.
The spooky house was stamped next, right over the top of the skulls, the single skull and a tiny bit of the moon - this is from Sheena's Douglass's A Little Bit Sketchy Spooky Mansion stamp set.
DON'T FORGET TO WIPE AWAY ANY EXCESS INK THAT IS SITTING ON YOUR MASKING FLUID OR YOU'LL BE IN AN INKY MESS WHEN YOU COME TO RUB IT AWAY!!!!
The next bit was a little "experimental" if you will! I have used one of Sheena's Day of the Dead embossing folders to emboss those clouds at the top and the lightening strike. Once I was happy, I darkened the clouds with Memento black ink and tinted in the sky with a mixure of Adirondack inks - I think the pinks and purples worked well here with a little bit of slate colour.
The lightening strike has been foiled to make it more dramatic.
OK, once all stamping was done, the sky filled in, I rubbed away all the masking fluid and lifted the one covering the moon. Painted everything in with aqua markers.
Added a couple of big crows from the The Country Life set from Sheena's Perfect Partners range - one is stamped on and the one on the right is cut out and applied.
Finally I added some branches from the Little Bit Scenic Silhouette Country Lane set - it's a tree but I've just used the branches!
There you go, something spooky for you this Halloween!
Thanks for stopping by today,