Published Permissions

Friday 19 May 2017

The World Is Full Of Beauty When The Heart Is Full Of Love............


Good morning!

Well, here is a scene and a half for you this morning!  I fancied having a go for a couple of current challenges both themed around fantasy but fantasy and fairies aren't really my thing!!!  I hope that you like watching how I interpret the different themes for the challenges, I do hope that I inspire you to have your take on them too and have a go!!????

Right, took plenty of photo's along the way with this one, lots of different stages to deal with and I must confess, I did have to plan this one out a bit before I got going.  I knew what I wanted to achieve but had to do some thinking before I put stamp to card stock!  Right, hop on board, let's take our journey this morning:-


OK, I did this quick sketch of what I wanted to achieve in the late of an evening - I even made a note at the top look - as I didn't have a butterfly made by Lavinia Stamps (but I had a fairy that had a good set of wings on her to make one out of!!!!!!).  

So, you can imagine now, it's the next morning, I went in to my craft room, sat at the craft desk, saw this drawing and thought "oh my, where was my mind when I did this!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - I soon came back to where I had left off the evening before and the creative juices were flowing once more! Note the numbers on the sketchy drawings - this is of course, the rough order in which I need to stamp in - a good tip!


OK, I made a start, stamped the poppy on the right first in red and green archival.  Stamped the toadstools next and immediately masked them off, then the bridge (I went off piste here a bit in the order of doing things - but that's ok).  Masked everything over with Pebeo drawing gum.


I wanted this piece of artwork to look like it was two doors opening on what was my vision of a fantasy land so I had to angle the doors of course so I just masked off the top and bottom of the stamp before adding the ink pad. With me so far?


Those side doors are now down in red archival ink.


Doors masked with drawing gum.  I then set on to the sky.  This I have done with the new distress oxides.  I then used a moon mask and gently sponged some white gesso through it to form that moon.


Woohooo! That's put my mark on it!!!  Got out those delicious Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens and went for it!  I wanted some wonderful, fantasy colours to be seen. I also stamped the trees in behind the bridge. The sentiment was added at this stage too.


Right, where am I, oh yes! The masking fluid has been rubbed away from everywhere here (see the lovely little trees are now BEHIND the bridge.


Out came the Polychromo's and I shaded in the bridge, the water, the toadstools, the vines on the doors and a bit more on the poppy head.  I masked the sentiment just with a piece of paper and stamped the falling vines straight across there.  The fairies have been stamped on to tissue paper (gift tissue) and backed with double sided adhesive paper so that they effectively became stickers for me. I have some lovely little silver scissor embellishments here at home so I used some wire cutters to cut off the finger holes - I have used those as door handles for the fairies here.  Glossy Accents has been added to the toadstools, the river and the fairy wings. Further poppies were stamped down at the front. some dark distress ink was applied around the edges to draw you further in to the picture.


Now, had to make a butterfly!  For the Lavinia Stamp challenge I need to use just Lavinia Stamps so this fairy was needed for her wings!!!  Out came the brayer to reverse one set of wings and bingo! - the job was done!


The butterfly was coloured in using the Polychromos  and the rest of that little pair of scissors (having chopped the finger holes off!) was added as the butterfly body! Well, it's a fantasy land, nothing is real is it?.....................or is it???????????????

I hope you've enjoyed your journey today, there was lots to do on this one, it's very busy, very full of things to look at - those fairies are welcoming you in to their world.............I'd like to go, if only for a day....... wouldn't you?

I would like to enter this in to the following challenges:-

Lavinia Stamps "Make Your Own Vision" - my vision of a land of fantasy:-

Stamping Sensations "Butterflies, Fairies and Fantasy":-

























10 comments:

  1. This one was really well thought out and I think you've done a great job in bringing your original sketch to life. Your card is jam packed with things to see and the butterfly is just genius! Fabulous colours and full of fantasy, well done you. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WINNER!! Love this amazing fairy scene and love your hints re the positioning of stamps, an area I fail in. I was only sorting through my Lavinia stamps this morning and now I know what to do with the bridge one, thanks.xx
    Have a lovely weekend.x
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card and just perfect for our theme this month Leanne, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card for our 'Butterflies, Fairies and Fantasy' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, Leanne. Thanks for sharing it with us and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowww, what a great card. Beautifully arranged.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning fairy scene.Such a clever idea with the butterfly.Love it.Great design.

    Gr, Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning and very eye catching! I love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete