Published Permissions

Friday 12 May 2017

Love Makes The Wildest Spirit Tame.............


Good morning!

Well here we are with a card that I've made for the current Cards in Envy challenge of "Motherly Love".

Having had Mother's Day here in the UK back in March I chose to put a twist on this theme and use a wonderful Imagination Crafts art stamp of a Mummy elephant with her two babies - well, it's Motherly Love isn't it?!!!!

I started with a blank piece of watercolour card and swept some of the new distress oxides (diluted) across and down the page.  This gave me a nice, calm colour on which to build my elephants colours on to.

I then stamped the main image with perfect medium and heat embossed with black detail embossing powder.

I then used distress oxide ink (again, diluted) to paint in what I needed on the elephants to give them some depth and shadow.

The hills were produced from torn copy paper and a couple of Momento inks and the sun was lifted out with water, as too, were the clouds.

The foliage was stamped in one of the Momento inks at the front (Bee Crafty) and the bird was added at the top and shaded in and the sentiment stamped ( both Pollyanna Pickering).

Mat and layered. 

I would like to enter this in to the current Cards in Envy challenge "Motherly Love":-

Thanks for stopping by today,
Leanne x






2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card with a great sense of peace. I love the negative image of the stamp and the mountains look great too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card; love the elephant stamp and your background! Thanks for sharing it with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete