Published Permissions

Wednesday 24 May 2017

Follow Your Dreams............


Good morning!

Here I am with a mid week post with my entry in to this months Clarity challenge of "Up In The Air".     I thought this challenge was at first a very obvious one - up in the air - birds, balloons, aeroplanes, hot air balloons etc so I decided to put my twist on things as usual and think just outside that box again!  My plan - dreams!!! well, I was thinking up in the air ....... bubbles!!!!! Now, I have a rather sad confession as the moment..........I AM ABSOLUTELY OBSESSED WITH BUBBLES AT THE MOMENT!!!!!! Check out my other posts over the past month and you'll see all the different ways I've been having so much fun making a mess - I mean playing with paint and ink!!!!!  So this is where my mind went with this theme, dreams and thought bubbles.....up in the air.

Now, must confess I only took a couple of photo's as I was so deep in thought with this one that I completely forgot to take photo's through most of it! I'll talk you through how I got there though:

OK, started with a piece of 6 x 6 watercolour card stock and used my brayer to bring down that lovely distress ink from the top (here I have used Salty Ocean).  Then I blended again with the brayer,  Mustard Seed distress ink up from the bottom to meet in the middle.  I popped on a moon/sun mask (clarity) and went a little heavier with the blue to give me a nice light moon and then with the outer part of the mask I covered the moon/sun again and blended some of the Mustard Seed colour in with a make up sponge to give me a proper sun.

I then added the girl with the clarity stencil in cobalt blue archival ink.  

The hills were next and they were blended with the clarity blending brush and the Clarity mountains and hills mask.

I then popped the plastic mask of the girl on top of her and just brushed some ink outwards off of the mask around her with a clarity blending brush.

The clouds are a Clarity mask too and they were done using the clarity blending brush - lovely effect.

Stamped the sentiment which is a Clarity Club stamp - perfect for this card.

Stamped a few of the small grasses here and there and then moved on to my bubbles!!!!


Woohoo!!! These are how I formed my bubbles just with the use of an old pot lid, drawing ink and some washing up liquid in the mix!  I always do plenty and then I can take my pick of the best ones!  Allowed to dry overnight.



Once dry I stamped the palm trees (perhaps dreaming of a holiday?), the girl and her dog (perhaps dreaming of a new pet or just of her beloved pet?) and the couple (perhaps dreaming of love?).  I then covered each bubble with Glossy Accents and allowed to completely dry.

I then rubbed some fern green archival ink around the bottom of the bubbles to give a bit of a shadow and cut them out.

Applied to card with some small bubbles that were hand drawn with polychromo pencils.

I really enjoyed making this one, kept me thinking but lots of fun!

I would like to enter this in to the Clarity Stamp Facebook challenge of "Up In The Air".

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx









3 comments:

  1. Fabulous bubbles, loving this project. I saw, somewhere, a tut on making bubbles with ink and a straw, thought it was you, wish I'd saved it...hugs.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are loving your bubbles aren't you! They look fabulous and I really like how you've made a little scene in each of them, its beautiful. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leanne, what a good idea. This is a great card.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete