Published Permissions

Thursday 11 May 2017

Dance Like Nobody's Watching for De Stempelwinkel......


Good morning!

Well, it's an extra treat for you this week (that's four posts this week and there will be one at the weekend too!!!! - phew!!!!!).

I have been playing with my stamps by De Stempelwinkel - lovely company and good quality stamps that get your imagination going.  I have made this card for their current challenge of Bright Blue.

I have taken some photo's so lets see how I got there shall we -


OK, this card started life as a piece of smooth Sheena stamping card and I have dabbed on three colours of acrylic paint using a damp baby wipe allowing each colour to dry before adding the next one.


Now, those of you that follow me closely will know that I'm going through a "bubble phase" at the moment!!!! Oh boy, it's so fun and soooo messy!!!!!  Here I have blown my bubbles in a bowl with dark blue drawing ink and caught them on the card and left them to dry - really dreamy!!!!  I then stamped my sentiment which wasn't as easy as it looks because this sentiment actually runs the length of another De Stempelwinkel stamp that I have and is attached to a a girl dancing and listening to music!  I had to very carefully ink the sentiment only and hope for the best - I did well and got it right! I also added some very large bubbles using an old pot lid just dipped in to the bubble solution.



At this point, I have enhanced the large bubbles with some of the drawing ink, a charcoal pencil and then topped with Glossy Accents with some chunky glitter (the card will buckle a bit at this stage but panic not, it sorts itself out in the end).  I also stamped some small flowers that De Stempelwinkel sent me as a small free offering with my order which was very kind of them so I thought that I should put it to good use!

My image of the dancer was also stamped in blue versafine ink for a nice, crisp oily surface and I clear embossed over the top to seal that.

Almost there!


I have added a reversed image of the stamp here.  This is done by stamping the image on to tissue paper (gift tissue) and turning it over to reverse it.

Mat and layered in white and blue and I have blended the actual card to take the starkness of the white away by blending with distress ink around the edges.

Hope you liked our journey today, thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx

I would like to enter this in to De Stempelwinkel challenge of "Bright Blue":-





5 comments:

  1. Great card, I like the look of the reversed stamp. You created a wonderful background, love the effect of the bubbles!
    Thank you for joining the challenge at De Stempelwinkel, in spite of the difficulties you encountered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying seeing your bubbly backgrounds, might have to give that a go. I like the reverse stamping too, it looks really effective. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Leanne, the card ist beautiful. What a wonderful background and design.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful backgroud love the bubbles effect. What a great design. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see your card is on the challenge of de Stempelwinkel.
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete