Published Permissions

Monday 22 May 2017

Creative People Colour Outside The Lines...............


Good morning!

This is the first opportunity I've had on the blog to properly show you the new distress oxide ink pads AND THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!  Must admit, pushed the boat out and bought the whole 12 pad set and have had loads of inky fun!

The key to working with the oxide pads is to use water, the oxide effect only comes out with the use of water.  The other major factor with these ink pads is that they layer on top of each other WITHOUT BLENDING so you can layer with one colour, you must dry that layer before adding the next but when you do, it just sits on top of the previous colour so unlike the usual distress inks, they do not form "mud" when layered on top of each other.  So remember, stamp on to your craft mat, spray with water, swoosh your card in to the ink, begin to dry with your heat tool and spray again with water as you do.  When dry, repeat the process with a different colour! See it all transform in front of your eyes, it's brilliant for us inky messy crafters!!!! You can also use them to stamp with brilliantly.

Here I have had a play with the distress oxide ink pads.  The background has had several colours used and then I even stamped a lace pattern with the oxide ink too.

The main focal image is from the Beautiful You stamp set from Stampin Up and the sentiment has been stamped from a Visible Image set and cut up and placed around the artwork.

I think you can see that I had such fun making a mess / I mean getting nice and inky with this one!!!!

Hope you have enjoyed your visit today,

Thanks for stopping by,

Leanne xx

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Leanne and I love the light effect. There are only three or four sets of the SU range that I really like and this set is one of them. I could just imagine the image that you've created being in an Art gallery, it really is wonderful. The Oxides are amazing and yet another thing on my crafty wish list I'm going to run out of paper if my list gets much longer ;) Wishing you a happy week, Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete