Published Permissions

Sunday 7 May 2017

Bold and Beautiful............


Good morning! Hope you are having a lovely weekend?

Here I am with an extra blog for you for this week.  I am having SO MUCH FUN with the new Visible Image "Face It!" stamp set, I can hardly put it down at the moment!  (I shall be sharing another make with this same stamp tomorrow, it's very clever - well, I think so anyway!!!) So look out for that one.  Infact, I shall be sharing three makes with you this week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday so I hope that you will look forward to those and I can keep you inspired and that mojo up!!!

A new technique has been used here and boy, did I have lots of fun and don't ask about the mess I got in to!!!!!!  I was at my happiest but it took a while to clean up after this one!!!!!

So, I took my time with this one, took lots of photo's for you along the way so lets take our journey and see how I got there shall we, climb aboard, here we go!


I started with a piece of watercolour card stock, you will notice that I have mounted it here on just a normal piece of white copy paper and then on to a further piece of the same watercolour card stock - it will become clear why I did this as we go along .....well, have to keep your mind ticking over don't I!!!!  The "Face It" set by Visible Image has been stamped here in black Archival ink.


I masked the eyes and mouth off with Pebeo Drawing Gum.


OK, I then stamped two flowers from Imagination Crafts with Archival Tiger Lily ink (you will notice that the left flower has over ran the card stock and part of it has come out on the outer layer behind - intended!  I then masked these flowers off with drawing gum.  

THEN THE EXCITING BIT HAPPENED!!!!! I tried the technique of bubble printing - gosh, I remember doing this as a child (and getting in to a mess then!!!!!) but why can't I bring it in to my artwork now? ABSOLUTELY I CAN!!!! So, in three shallow dishes / or deep plates I placed acrylic paint - I have used Pebeo Decocreme orange and indian pink and Americana calico red in each of my dishes. To each dish I added a small amount of water to dilute the thick acrylic paint a little and a good "dollop" of washing up liquid (dish soap).  Give each dish a good mix, each dish with it's own paint brush!  I then took three drinking straws, tilted the dish towards me so that I'd got a deeper amount of the paint mixture and blew in it with my straw to form a mountain of bubbles!!!!! See, I'm 45 (but really, lose the 5, I'm about 4 years old in my head!!!!!!!!!).   Once you've got the mound of bubbles, swipe you card across them and allow each colour to dry before attempting to move on to the next colour.  You can see here, that I've got the orange, red and rose colours done both on the front card and the backing piece.


So here I have moved on.  Unfortunately you do lose a few of the bubbles when you fill in the background a bit but this can't be helped and just ensure that you leave some of them for the cool effect and also on the backing piece.  Here I have used distress ink (worn lipstick) to give shade and depth to the face and distress ink carved pumpkin around the outside of the face.

Visible Image stamps of the flower from the Thank You set and Flower Inkognito set have also been stamped on there and the drawing gum has been removed. You can see the definition of the face coming through now.

The next step was to paint in the flowers and lips with the distress inks and I have used a sparkle pen (Harvest moon - a lovely orange) on the flower over the right eye.  The eyes I went the whole hog and coloured in with a deep red alcohol pen and highlighted with a white pen.


Please don't think that I work any tidier than anyone else - can you see why I lose things along the way?!!!!!!


Here are some shots of the bubbles more close up for you.....




So, here you go, the copy paper was in-between for a reason - did you get it?  Yes, that's right, it acted as the black mat that you see here on the finished piece - it just got replaced when mounting it all up - well done!

Finally I stamped my sentiment again, Visible Image and from the "Own It!" set this time and stamped in juicy Versafine black onyx.

There, a different technique and as my friend Sandra would say - "a breath of fresh air" on this one.  Thoroughly enjoyed it, lots to see and lots of different steps and stages but I was really pleased with this one.

Well, bus stops here I'm afraid for today but it returns tomorrow  so make sure you are at that bus stop to hop on board and take a journey with me.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx

I would like to enter this card in to the following challenges:-

Rubber Dance Colour Challenge:

Craft Stamper - Take It Make It May Challenge:

Artistic Stamper Challenge - Floral Fantasy:

Country View Challenges - Flower Power:

That's Crafty - Bright:

Time Out Challenges - Flowers with optional twist of kissing technique:

Visible Image monthly show and tell:























12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your soap bubble background. Fun to do, isn't it! I think we all feel like children when we play and have fun like that - I certainly do anyway! Thank you so much for joining our May colour challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, one stamp I have on my wish list.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well somebody's been having fun haven't they :) I must say that I'd forgotten the joy of blowing bubbles through paint. This looks great Leanne and I have to say that I'm loving these colours together. I'm pleased that you took the time to show us how this was achieved, I always forget to take photos while I'm crafting! Your card is stunning and those eyes look like they're looking right through you. 'A breath of fresh air' is the perfect description, I'm so wise! ;) Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a creative projectT It was great to look at the card come together. Very beautiful and artistic! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation. Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card Leanne, and I love your soap bubble technique - it certainly looks like fun!The Pebeo masking fluid is so good isn't it, you can really play around with you stamping. Thank you so much for joining in with our colour challenge at Rubber Dance and also the flower power challenge at Country View Crafts. Have a fun week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges this month !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this tutorial!!! I love your card. Thank you for playing along in the Rubber Dance challenge. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had so much fun creating this card!! The face image is so striking and really pops against all that gorgeous stamping and bubbly background. Its a gorgeous card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card so pretty and great ideas with the face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Leanne, I love the way you have turned your face floral, such a great design and gorgeous vibrant colours. Thanks so much for joining in with our flower power challenge over at Country View, Jane DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! I love this .... the colours look amazing and what a fun technique. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete