Published Permissions

Wednesday 29 March 2017

On Mother's Day Mum - This time it was to my Mum!


Good morning!

Here I am with my second make for Mothering Sunday - this time it's the card that I made for my Mum!

This card came together really well, I started with an A4 piece of Sheena Stamping card that I had coloured with distress inks and some Archival re-inkers.  Due to the card stock being very porous though, the re-inkers didn't travel, they just sank straight in to the card leaving splodges of colour in places. I then cut this A4 sheet in to a 6 x 6 inch square (to work on) and two smaller pieces that you can see that I have used in my mats and layers behind.

Ok, now the main image was stamped (Stampendous - Classic Roses).  This was stamped in blue Versafine ink and then painted in with some Distress Ink and finished off with some chalk paint. 

Some stencils were used next with some Distress Ink and then a couple of other stencils with some clear embossing paste so that they didn't detract anything from that main image.

As with the Mother's Day card on Monday, I have used the Clarity Stamp alphabet stamps for the sentiments.  This time I stamped them on to vellum and set with clear embossing powder again.

An organza bow and some mats and layers to the main artwork and then I just added a mat to that backing piece as well.


Took this photo to show you the lovely glisten of the clear embossing paste.


So here was the card that I made from me and James .........


....... and here is the card that went to Nan from my daughter Katie! - now this is VERY UP MY MOTHER'S STREET!!!!!!! This is of course with one of my all time favourite craft manufacturers - Sheena Douglass stamps and stencil.

Needless to say, she loved them both !!!!!

Hope you've enjoyed my Mother's Day makes over this post and on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xxxx









2 comments:

  1. Two cards that couldn't be more different. Both are gorgeous but my fave is the one with the swinging chicks.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Leanne and as Shirley mentioned, they are both completely different. I love the image and colour of the first one but the second one is absolutely fabulous. It really sums up the 'Swinging Sixties' with it's vibrant colours, not that I remember much about the sixties as I was far too young ;)

    Crafty hugs,
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete