Published Permissions

Sunday 12 February 2017

It's just a number!


Good morning!

It's a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges today and the theme is "It's just a number".

REMEMBER - YOUR MAIN FOCAL IMAGE MUST BE A HAND STAMPED IMAGE PLEASE - NO DIGI STAMPS.

OK, my artwork for this theme was started a few months ago on the train to see my daughter up at Durham University!  I took a couple of pieces of artwork to do on the train and the journey went so quickly - it was wonderful!

This stamp is a favourite of mine from Chocolate Baroque.  


Now, I didn't take many photo's (due to being on a train at the time!) so this was as far as I got on the train when I got it home to finish it off! I have done a simple wash of distress ink for the background and have carefully coloured the flowers in with spectrum aqua markers and a water brush.


It was then a case of adding numbers from 30 to 100 (all the "biggies") on to the flowers and using die cut numbers for the mat at the back.  I have stencilled through the negative from having cut out the die cut numbers for the backing card for the sentiment of "It's Just A Number" and on the main background - it's easy to create your own stencils with the negative from your die cuts!.  

I felt I just had to add "Happy Umpteenth Birthday" on there too!

There, a card suitable for any birthday from 30 - 100!!! and as I have said -

"It's just a number!!!!"

Remember, we would love to see your artwork over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges but the main focus of your artwork must be a hand stamped image, we do not accept digital images on this challenge.  We look forward to your creativity and sharing your artwork with us! Good luck!

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx






7 comments:

  1. It might be 'Just a Number' Leanne but we've got them here in abundance. What a fabulous little stamp and not one that I've seen before. I like how you've used it with the various numbers on and the gentle candle glow looks great. Your colouring and shading is wonderful too and I can just imagine the people on the train being fascinated with what you were doing, and what a change from watching people on their mobile phones! Great work Leanne :) Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, love the image, haven't seen that one before. Great background and shading and such a wonderful sentiment.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leanne, the card ist beautiful. Wonderful design.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contrary to what my Gran always said about blue and green never being seen Leanne, it's a colour palette that I always love and blend together beautifully. Great use of the CB stamp as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leanne. This is such a fun card. The negative of a die cut is a great way to stencil extra bits...which is often overlooked. Very clever and sooo effective with this!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leanne. This is such a fun card. The negative of a die cut is a great way to stencil extra bits...which is often overlooked. Very clever and sooo effective with this!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of yummy numbers Leanne and the sentiment is totally delicious.

    Forgot to say thank you for welcoming me back when you did.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete