Published Permissions

Monday 6 February 2017

Birds on a wire...............


Good morning!

The day I made this card, I had watched a couple of Inkylicious shows on Hochanda and so, I thought it only appropriate that I made a card with Inkylicious stamps from my stash!

I have taken photo's along the way so lets take our usual journey :-


OK, I started this card on the Inkylicious satin card stock - I must admit, I'd never used it before - it's ultra smooth and in my opinion half way between a normal stamping card and a glossy card stock which makes it perfect for stamping and ink work.

I stamped my birds and then covered them with masking fluid.  I often get contacted about how I used the masking fluid with such success - there are no secrets - use a great quality masking fluid, I use and have always used Pebeo masking fluid.  You only need a VERY THIN coating of it, it will dry in minutes and leave a very pale blue sheen where it is.  It is tinted so that you can see where it is on your artwork.  You shouldn't have any problems so long as you are using a good quality card and a very thin layer of the fluid.


So, with my birds nicely covered in masking fluid, I used distress inks to form my background colour.  This is just three colours of distress ink wiped on my craft mat, sprayed with water and the card laid on to the ink, picked up and dried off with the heat tool. I needed the colours to reflect the sky and earth tones here.


Here the masking fluid is still in place, I have stamped by swifts and swallows (again Inkylicious) in Archival watering can but I have done these with second generation stamping so that they are paler.  I stamped the tree tops (Inkylicious) underneath the birds and stamped the sentiment (Inkylicious).


I extended the wire using a micron pen, rubbed off the masking fluid (white birds now rather than blue!) and used some distress ink around the edges. I then used some black soot distress ink watered down to enhance the birds a bit.


Matted on to a simple periwinkle card stock and mounted on to a DL card.

I just loved how the gentle colours reacted with each other on here - a perfect mans card (and I don't make many of those!!!!).

Hope you liked our journey today,

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne x








  



1 comment:

  1. I love it Leanne. The delicate background colours look fabulous and I really like the use of the second generation stamping. I have these birds and they have been greatly underused, so I might just have to get them out and dust them off. This is a perfect card to make a few of and have in my 'Just in case' stash! Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete