Published Permissions

Friday 13 January 2017

Take time for all things.........


Good morning!

Thanks for popping in.  I have been having a play with a new Sheena Douglass stamp from her Time Traveller collection.  A whopper of a stamp but stamps beautifully.  I've done a step by step on this one so shall we take a crafty journey today? - Come with me.....


I started with a watercolour block pad (love a professional pad where the edges of the paper are sealed - the paper can't move no matter how much water to throw at it!).  I pencilled in a 7 x 7 square - this just gives me a loose idea of where I am with my design.

OK, I got out my Aqua Tints this time, three colours and using plenty of water, blended them as I went down the page and allowed this to dry naturally so that I didn't lose any of the colour tones.

I then stamped my man using a rocker block (it's such a big stamp, I find a rocker block helps).  I then lifted some colour back off of his face with water.


So, using the same Aqua Tint colours as the background, I enhanced his features slightly, and his hair and brought in a little chalk paint to highlight his face.


I have now added some background detail with an Andy Skinner stencil and used the chalk paints to enhance a  leaf Clarity Stamp stencil. (If you are wondering what on earth is going on in the bottom right hand corner - this is simply where I've used the wet chalk paints on the watercolour paper as a palette but to avoid putting my arm in the wet paint, I simply cut it away! What you can see is a scrap piece of paper to stop me marking the rest of the watercolour pad beneath this one!).



There we go - finished with a Sheena Douglass die cut of a pocket watch and chain.

Mat and layered.

I wanted to bring his face right out of the page and I think I achieved this - pleased with this one!

I would like to enter this in to the Stamping Sensations challenge "Coffee and cream":-

Thanks for stopping by.

Leanne xx





5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Leanne and the die cut pocket watch looks amazing and so realistic. Its a great choice of colour and this is a perfect masculine card. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful.
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, wonderful background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card, amazing work! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very belatedly Leanne, but couldn't miss the chance of taking a peek at your lovely card and thanking you for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete