Published Permissions

Monday 5 December 2016

Wishing you a magical Christmas.....


Good morning!

Only took a couple of photo's of this one in it's making so I'll talk you through how I got there.

Started with my usual Sheena stamping card and coloured my background using Spectrum Aqua Markers.

I stamped my pine spray and the five baubles (all Stamps by Chloe).  The pine was embossed with white embossing powder.  Two baubles were silver embossed and three were in black archival ink.  I then decided that I wanted more dimension so that the baubles looked more round (they looked too flat to me) so I added glossy accents to each one of them and allowed it to totally dry.  Still wasn't happy so I added some sparkle embossing powder over the top on the black baubles and stamped over again with silver embossing powder on the two silver baubles - yes, I am now stamping on top of dry glossy accents! - When I heat embossed all five baubles again not only did the embossing powders melt but the glossy accents bubbled and made the most realistic effect leaving them "lumpy bumpy"!!

I stamped my sentiment "Wishing you a Magical Christmas" (Stamps by Chloe) and embossed in the silver sparkle embossing powder (Cosmic Shimmer).

Darkened the edges with distress ink and added ribbon bows to three baubles and some dots of Cosmic Shimmer pearl pva.

Mat and layered.


Here you can see the lovely roundness that the baubles have to them.

Happy with that, very pretty.

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx







1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Leanne. I really like the background colour and the way that you've given the baubles dimension. The pine looks gorgeous in white and it stands out beautifully against the green background, so very pretty. Hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete