Friday, 16 December 2016
Sweets For My Sweet......
Right, well, I've been having a play with some Darkroom Door stamps for a challenge over at Cards in Envy that I wanted to join in with "Wouldn't that be sweet" - well is this bright enough for you!!!!?
Personally I can't stand Liquorice Allsorts but boy, does this look jolly!
I have done a step by step so you'll be able to see how I got there so lets take our usual journey :-
OK, I started with my blank piece of card and stamped the Allsorts image twice in two different directions. I also stamps some sweeties (also from the same Darkroom Door stamp set). I also clear embossed the sentiment "Sweets For My Sweet" twice (but you'll notice that I wasn't happy with it twice so I changed that towards the end!). You can see that I have also covered all the images with masking fluid at this stage.
Lots of colour going on now! - and it went all over me and no, I wasn't wearing an apron!
So, I used Aquatints for the background and went straight over the masked off images. Once happy, I rubbed away all the masking fluid and using the same aquatints, I coloured in the Allsorts and used some Decoart metallic paints to colour in the sweeties. The sweeties were then embossed using either gold or silver embossing powder to give them some depth. The clear embossed sentiments resisted the Aquatints and popped through.
I have restamped Staz On ink and the sweetie stamp straight over the top of the sweets - this was experimental to see if I could make them look like they were in cello wrappers and it worked a treat!
Now it was coming together - I then had to make the Liquorice Allsorts pop off the page so they were coloured in with a black alcohol pen. I stamped the word "yum" on there too! The sweeties had some glossy accents added to make them shine like a true sweetie wrapper!
I edged around the two Liquorice Allsorts panels with a black pen and I wasn't happy with the two embossed sentiments so I restamped it in black embossing powder on to a piece of card that had been painted with two of the Aquatint colours and die cut it and attached.
Mat and layered and I was done!
It's a very flat image from the work that I usually produce but that's the name of the game with this stamp - the challenge asked for something sweet so we got sweets!!!!
Hope you've enjoyed this bright and colourful journey - I didn't find this the easiest set of stamps to work with but the final result couldn't be more jolly!!!! (even if I don't like liquorice!!!!).....
I would like to enter this in to Cards in Envy "Wouldn't that be "sweet" card challenge":-
Thanks for stopping by,