Published Permissions

Sunday 13 November 2016

"Tis The Season".....


Good morning!

It's a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and this time it's "Tis The Season" - could be Autumn or Winter.

As you can see, I've gone for winter and a rather Christmassy scene!

I've done a step by step for you so lets take our usual journey....


I started with my usual piece of Sheena stamping card and stamped my lovely little car (Joy! Crafts). I masked the car off with masking fluid.


I had great fun with aquatints for the sky.  I knew I wanted to have snow so I needed a wintry, moody sky.  I then used an Inkylicious stencil to sponge in my hills.


I then stamped all of the trees- in the distance first (Clarity Stamp) and then the closer trees (Inkylicious).  I highlighted the hill tops with some diluted gesso and some tree branches.  The masking fluid was then rubbed off of the car. Now the fun started!  I used fine modelling paste to put my snow on the ground.  I made the tyre tracks with a lolly stick and painting some of it on to the trees and car.


I die cut my little man but didn't have black funky foam, so in true Leanne style I embossed him with black embossing powder!!!


Ta dah!!! Didn't come out too badly did he!!!!


When the modelling paste had dried, I ran some paint in the tyre tracks (diluted black soot distress ink) and toned down the snow on the ground a bit.

My snow flakes are simply the wrong end (non brush end) of my paintbrush dipped in gesso!

I added some modelling paste to the shoulders and umbrella of my man and sprinkled on some Pinflair snow dust to him and on to the car.

Mat and layered and added some snow to the mans feet too.

Lastly added the sentiment "Tis The Season" and that was another Christmas card done!! Hooray!!!

Do pop over to the Fashionable Stamping Challenge and join in with this months challenge
(Tis The Season - Autumn or Winter) - we look forward to seeing all your lovely creativity!

I would like to enter this in to the Stamping Sensations challenge "Christmas Greetings":-

Thanks for stopping by,
Leanne xx




12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Leanne. Your sky looks amazing and the whole scene has such a great sense of depth. You've really thought about every detail, including making the tyre tracks which look fabulous. The die cut man looks great as he's looking into the scene, and the pile of snow that he's standing in looks so to realistic, well done you! :) Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stamping and inking Leanne and so textural as well, never seen Timmys brolly man used in this way and my how well it works. Many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! I love your background and the textured snow, but the whole scene is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow " what a fabulous card, love the texture of the snow and the tyre tracks and I love how umbrella man is standing in snow too.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Leanne, Love all the texture and Mr Umbrella man looks great with the snow on his shoulders!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrr...I feel cold just looking at this Leanne.Wonderful layers and the snow looks so real. Love this.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Leanne, what a wonderful card... beautiful scene. Great designed with the snow, it's looks cold.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolute masterpiece! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Leanne when we start our pieces how the look of everything can change from start to finish.

    The second picture of your step by step could be the car driving past a volcanic scene then everything changes in the third pic until the final finished make which is fabulous.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning snowy scene you have created with the TH Umbrella Man! I love that beautifully sponged background with your textured snow over it! Amazing work, Leanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How kind you have been Lynn, thank you so much, your comments are really appreciated,
      Leanne xx

      Delete
  11. You've created a beautiful winter scenery Leanne! Thank you for your step by step tutorial on how this came together and thank you for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete